"I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..." - News Today in World

"I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..."

"I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..." - Hallo World !!! News Today in World, In this article you read by title "I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry...", We've prepared this article well so you can read and retrieve information on it. Hopefully the contents of the post Article Salisbury News, What we write can you understand. Okay, happy reading.


Title : "I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..."
link : "I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..."

news-today.world | I love selling cars, the industry gave me a purpose after the shitty experience of being a corporate cog. But I’m truly starting to fear the worst for the American car industry.

The industry has shown growth since the dark days of the recession but the business model morphed into an ugly free for all.

Automotive credit has become easier in the last few years, and manufacturers are still seeking whatever growth they can come up with in our market at any cost.

People are buying cars they can't afford or shouldn't even have been able to buy. Used car depreciation is at an all time high for many cars and yet everyday more and more people are trading them in.

This whole scenario has a bleak end that became evident when I went to my buddy Paris’ repo lot. He called me to check out a 2016 BMW 435i he jacked for BMW Financial Services. It was a beautiful Estoril Blue M-Sport car with just under eight thousand miles on the clock. I could only imagine the circumstances where someone let go of a year old BMW, but as we walked through I noticed all of the cars seemed to be nearly new. Paris confirmed my fears when he told my about nine-out-of-ten vehicles he’s repossessed in the last few months were model year 2016 or newer. To make matters worse Paris only does work for prime and a few captive lenders, meaning a majority of these cars went out to consumers with good credit.

On the other end, every time I look up from my desk there is a customer who is absolutely drowned in their vehicle. Six thousand dollars in negative equity is the norm, but I’ve witnessed numbers as high as twenty thousand in the last year. Customers are always astounded by how their car has lost so much of its value so quickly. What they fail to realise is their car was worthless from the beginning. Rebates and incentives are at an all time high at many manufacturers, J.D. Power quoted an average around four thousand dollars earlier this year, and I’m sure that number has risen since then. The problem with high rebate numbers is it absolutely kills the resale value of a car.

More


That's an article "I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..."

Fine for article "I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..." This time, hopefully can benefit for you all. Well, see you in other article postings.

You are now reading the article "I'm Truly Starting To Fear The Worst For The US Car Industry..." With link address https://newstoday-ok.blogspot.com/2017/12/im-truly-starting-to-fear-worst-for-us.html

Subscribe to receive free email updates: